For more videos click here
New Delhi Centre
NID, NIFT, IIT-CEED
NID Studio Test
NIFT Situation Test
Other Design College
Studio & Situation Test
- Studio Test, Interview & Portfolio Preparation for UID, WWI, MODY, TDV, GLS, PARUL, IIAD, UPES, ISDI, ITM, SOFT, MIT, PEARL, SRISHTI, NICC, SID, ARCH, IMS, MANIPAL
- 01 April to 30 April
(Any 06 days of your choice)
- Venue: Ahmedabad, New Delhi, Mumbai, Baroda, Rajkot, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, Chandigarh
- ODC Online coaching DVD
|NID ADMISSION 2016 - 17 (Admission Open)|
NID (National Institute of Design) was established in 1961, and has been a centre for design education, practice and research since then. On the 17th July 2014 Hon'ble President of India gave passed the National Institute of Design Bill, 2014 and declared NID as an 'Institution of National Importance'.
Note: Please make your appointment before you visit, For Batch Timing & Seat availability please contact respective BRDS centre before registeration.
The four (4) years Bachelor of Design programme at NID’s Ahmedabad campus is offered in the following areas of specialization:
Faculty of Industrial Design
1. Product Design (15 seats)
2. Furniture Design (10 seats)
3. Ceramic & Glass Design (10 seats)
Faculty of Communication Design
4. Graphic Design (15 seats)
5. Animation Film Design (15 seats)
6. Film & Video Communication (10 seats)
7. Exhibition (Spatial) Design (10 seats)
Faculty of Textile, Apparel & Lifestyle Accessory Design
8. Textile Design (15 seats)
Successful candidates admitted to NID’s B.Des. programme will have to undergo a mandatory foundation programme of one (1) year duration.
Allotment of a discipline of choice at the end of the foundation programme is based solely on the student’s performance and on the number of seats available in the desired discipline.
Number of seats in Bachelor of Design (including reserved categories) is 100. Prescribed percentage of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to various reserved categories as per the norms of the Government of India.
Number of seats (Supernumerary) in Bachelor of Design for overseas candidates is 15.
All candidates applying for Bachelor of Design programmes must fulfil the following criteria.
CRITERION 1 - AGE LIMIT
Upper age limit for candidates is 20 years of age (relaxable by three years for reserved category) on or before July 1, 2016.
• General Category applicants:
Candidates born on or before July 1, 1996 are not eligible.
• Reserved Category applicants (OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PH): Candidates born on or before July 1, 1993 are not eligible.
CRITERION 2 - EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
Applications for Academic Year 2016-17 is open to applicants who have passed or will appear for the qualifying examinations under the higher secondary (10+2) from any recognized Board of Education such as AISSCE/IB/ICSE, or equivalents, during the academic year 2015-16.
Examinations considered as equivalent to class XII are:
• The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State
Board recognized by theAssociation of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org).
• Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or
University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
• Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the
National Defense Academy.
• Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of
Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
• Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
• H.S.C. vocational examination.
• General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri
Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
• High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University or International
Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
• Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination, conducted in India.
The two and a half years (2.5 years), Master of Design programme at NID is offered in the following disciplines of specialization at its campuses in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, and Gandhinagar:
Prescribed percentage of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to various reserved categories as per the norms of the Government of India.
Number of seats (Supernumerary) reserved for overseas candidates in each discipline of specialisation (as mentioned above) is two (2).
Aspiring candidates can apply to a maximum of only two disciplines for the Master of Design program.
Applications are received to a specific discipline only and are not transferable at any stage of the admissions process, of during the course of study at NID.
All candidates applying for Master of Design programmes must fulfill the following criteria:
CRITERION 1 – AGE LIMIT
Upper age limit for candidates is 30 years of age (relaxable by three years for reserved category) on or before July 1, 2016.
• General category applicants:
Candidates born before on or before July 1, 1986 are not eligible.
• Reserved category applicants (OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PH): Candidates born on or before July 1, 1983 are not eligible.
CRITERION 2 – EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
Applications for Academic Year 2016-17 is open to applicants who have successfully passed any one of the following qualifying exams in 2015:
• Bachelors degree in any discipline under the 10+2+4 (or more) system, from any university or institute recognized (by law) in India.
• Bachelors degree in any discipline under the 10+2+3 system, from any university or institute recognized (by law) in India, with a one year experience or further academic qualifications.
• Diploma in Design under the 10+2+4 system, from any university or institute recognized (by law) in India.
PLEASE NOTE: In case Degree/Certificate has been obtained from a University/ Board of any other country, then an equivalence certificate must be obtained
by the candidate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi, www.aiuweb.org prior to admission.
For More Information like Important Dates, Bachelor of Design (B.Des.), Eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Design, Masters of Design (M.Des.), Eligibility criteria for Masters of Design, ,Overseas Candidates, Design Aptitude Test, Studio Test and Interviews, Reservation of Seats, How to Apply, Yearly Expenses including Tuition Fees, Residential Facilities, Announcement of Results, Acceptance of Admissions Read More
To know below details, Click here to Download NID Info. Booklet.
- 01 May : TDV (UG)
- 02 May : TDV (PG)
- 04 May : SOFT
- 05 May : SOFT
- 07 May : ISDI
- 11 May : SOFT
- 08 May : IIAD
- 12 May : SOFT
- 14 May : IIAD
- 19 May : SOFT
- 20 May : SOFT
- 20 May : ITM
- 21 May : WWI
- 22 May : MODI