Career after 12th Standard
Career after 12th standard
is full of choices. In such condition, from among all the fields you are good at, you need to figure out what will suit you the most when it comes to building a career. Evaluate your strengths and weaknesses, likings, aptitude and interests
- Fashion Design
- Textile Design
- Leather Design
- Accessory Design
- Jewellery Design
- Knitwear Design
- FashionStyling and Image Design
- Fashion Communication
- Apparel Production
- Fashion and Life Style Design
- Game Design
- Footwear Technology
- Leather Goods and Accessories Design
- Apparel Design and Merchandising
- Product Design
- Furniture and Interior Design
- Ceramic and Glass Design
- Transportation and automobile Design
- Civil Construction
- Graphic Design
- Animation Design
- Film and Video Communication
- Exnibition Design
- By the end of 10th standard we suggest one should be clear about which field to opt for after 12th standard studies. Accordingly the child can choose the subjects in 11th standard.
- Students from any stream (Science, commerce, arts at 12thstd) can get into designing field. But few institutes require science compulsory at 12th std for admission. So it’s better to list out by 10th Std the colleges you will be opting for further education after 12th.
- The field of designing is also having good placements and income just like other fields such as engineering, medical, financial planning and so on.
- Here we would strongly like to emphasize the fact that 12th standard education and clearing entrance exam for admission to designing college both are equally important. Passing both are the eligibility criteria for admission to the design college. Child had to create balance between both.
- Because of the extreme pressure of 12th standard studies we recommend the student to prepare for entrance exam from 9th standard onwards.
- How to decide whether child is fit for the field of designing: If child is having good observation power, designing and imaginative expression he/ she is surely fit for the field of designing.
- If you wish to check the child’s aptitude that whether he/she is fit for designing field, you can visit our studio with prior appointment for aptitude test of child. This test is conducted in presence of parents.
- Best time for preparation: Student can start preparing for entrance exam from standard 9th onwards. The sooner you start, the better are your chances of success.
Career after Graduatioin
Design courses available with various reputed design colleges are mentioned below:
- Product Design
- Transportation and Automobile Design
B.A / B.COM / B.Sc graduates can also apply to design colleges such as NID/ NIFT / MIT/ IIT / MSU/ DA-IICT. Before applying check the eligibility criteria prescribed for each course.
B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Des/ B.Arch/ B.Int.Des/ BFA/ Graduation in Textile, Knitwear or Fashion, Home Science with Textiles & Clothing, BVC/ B.Litt/ Graduation in Commn. Media, Film & TV, Mass Media Computer Science, I.T., Electronics, Engineering, or degrees from Humanities or Social Sciences can apply to various post graduation courses